This year, Ice Cream Social is a drive thru event and families will need to remain in their vehicles while in the parking lot and on the black top. In order for the event to run smoothly, here’s what we have planned and what you can expect (of course weather and other factors could change our plans slightly):
- Families in vehicles will enter the parking lot through the normal parking lot entrance.
- Greeters will give each family a printed program. The program will contain a numbered list of all the raffle baskets. Families can scan the QR code printed on the program, linking them to the Ice Cream Social Raffle Basket page where they can view photos of each basket and read the descriptions/contents of the baskets.
- Once inside the parking lot, families in vehicles will drive through the CELEBRATION arch and hear the fun 50’s music played by our DJs.
- After driving through the arch, the lane will split into two – LEFT for tickets and RIGHT for baskets. Volunteers will be holding signs to help direct vehicles. “TICKETS use LEFT LANE” and “BASKETS USE RIGHT LANE.”
- TICKETS: Families who need to pick up tickets or purchase tickets will veer left in their vehicles (towards the drop-off/pick-up valet area) to the TICKET LINE. Volunteers will issue pens with the tickets, but feel free to bring your own pen. Families will be asked to park their vehicle so they can prepare their tickets. Every ticket must have a name and phone number on the back – we need to be able to call the winners! *Write your name and phone number on the back of the ticket that has the designated space for name and phone number. You will need to keep the ticket labeled “KEEP THIS COUPON.” This is the ticket you will need to show to claim your raffle item if you are called as a winner. When families are done preparing their tickets, they can move their vehicles into the line (return the pen to the volunteer), and the volunteer will help them merge their vehicles into the BASKET line. Tickets will be available at the event for $1 each. Ticket sales end at 7:00 pm.
- BASKETS: Families who have their raffle tickets ready (with their name and phone number on the back of each ticket) will be waived into the BASKET area on the blacktop by a volunteer. Inside the blacktop area, families will expect to see a long row of tables displaying all the raffle baskets, in number order matching the list in the printed program and on the PTO website and Facebook page. Families must stay in their vehicles. Volunteers will bring the raffle boxes to the cars so families can drop their tickets into the boxes of the baskets they would like to win. DO NOT drop in any tickets labeled “KEEP THIS COUPON.” This ticket is only for claiming your raffle prize and will not be a valid winner if drawn. At the end of the row of tables, families will turn left to drive along the opposite side of the row of tables. Volunteers will again be available to help families put the tickets into the boxes. After viewing the baskets and dropping off tickets, families (in their vehicles) will be guided back into the parking lot. Last chance to drop your tickets in the boxes is 7:30 pm so be sure you arrive by 7:00 pm!
- ICE CREAM BARS & POPSICLES: Once vehicles return to the parking lot, they will follow the normal flow of the parking lot towards the exit to the ICE CREAM BAR AND POPSICLE distribution area to pick up their FREE ice cream bars and popsicles!
What should families do in order to be ready for the event?
- RSVP so we know you’re coming, and so we can purchase the correct amount of ice cream bars/popsicles. We want to make sure we have enough for everyone! Click here to RSVP.
- Purchase tickets at the event between 3:00-7:00 pm for $1 each. Credit card payment is preferred, but cash/checks are accepted. Just follow the signs to the “TICKET LINE” once you’re in the parking lot.
- IF YOU ALREADY HAVE YOUR TICKETS, make sure they are ready! Write your name and phone number on the back of the ticket that has the designated space for name and phone number. You will need to keep the ticket labeled “KEEP THIS COUPON.” This is the ticket you will need to show to claim your raffle item if you are called as a winner.
- Preview the baskets on our website or Facebook before the event. You’ll still get to see the baskets in person when you drive thru in your vehicles, but since this is a drive thru event and you must remain in your vehicles, previewing them in advance online will give you an up close look and list of the contents. Click here to preview the baskets.
- Come to the event and have a good time! Drive into the school parking lot anytime between 3:00-7:00 pm on May 7th! We expect our drive thru line to be shorter between 3pm-4:30 pm, so please try to come during this time if you can! Tickets will be available at the event for $1 each. Ticket sales end at 7:00 pm. Last chance to drop your tickets in the boxes is 7:30 pm.
*Please remember, this is a socially/physically distanced event. Families must stay in their vehicles.
How can families help?
- Adults can volunteer to work a shift or two at the event. This year students are not allowed to volunteer, so we need adult volunteers more than ever. Please view our volunteer list here and sign up!
- Donate towards your class basket or volunteer to assemble the class basket. Please check in with your teacher to see what is needed.
- Be sure to RSVP